- Comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Family Planning
- Women, Girls, and HIV
- Rights-Based Maternal Health
- U.S. Foreign Policy & Funding
- Anti-Prostitution Pledge
- Fact Sheets: US Strategies, Policies, and SRHR
- Watch: Making U.S. Foreign Assistance Work for Women and Girls in Ethiopia
- Female Condoms and U.S. Foreign Policy
- Family Planning Policy Restrictions and HIV
- U.S. Global Health Initiative
- Global Gag Rule
- Helms Amendment
- Foreign Assistance Budget
- Foreign Assistance Reform
- Kemp-Kasten Amendment
- Abstinence & Fidelity
- Advocacy and Foreign Assistance
- Why Women and Girls?
Components and Attributes
CHANGE’s research indicates three essential components of sexual and reproductive health care: family planning, sexual health, and maternal health. When offered as a comprehensive program in one location or through seamless referral processes, these services can be the most effective method for preventing HIV/AIDS and other STIs, reducing maternal mortality and long-term pregnancy-related injuries, and maintaining healthy families.
User-centered and Participatory
Programs and services are developed based on the needs of the user, who is included in every step of program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Services are provided free from judgement and stigma, and the user's privacy and consent is paramount.
Accurate information is provided on all available services and options.
Freedom From Coercion
Services are delivered free of pressure.
Equal Access (race, class age, gender, sexuality, HIV status, profession)
Services are affordable, offered in appropriate languages, physically accessible and are available to all people at all times.
Quality of Care
Services are provided by trained personnel, with quality mointoring and evaluation performed regularly.
Integration of Care
Family planning, sexual health, and maternal health services are offered in one location or through a seamless referral process, and are linked to services for survivors of gender-based violence.
Comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health Services Framework
(click to enlarge)
- Advocates for Youth
- Americans for UNFPA
- Center for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA)
- Center for Reproductive Rights (CRR)
- Guttmacher Institute
- International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
- International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC)
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Our Bodies, Ourselves (Boston Women’s Health Book Collective)
- Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR)