Report to Congress on Costs of Treatment in PEPFAR
The rapid expansion of access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) under PEPFAR has been one of the program’s most significant achievements, reaching nearly 2.5 million people by the end of Fiscal Year (FY) 2009. With PEPFAR as the cornerstone of the Obama Administration’s Global Health Initiative, the Administration has announced a goal for PEPFAR’s second phase of direct support for more than 4 million people. It is essential to understand the costs of treatment programs in order to ensure that programs are making the most of available funds and saving as many lives as possible.
Most Recent News
- The Promise of MPTs: An Integrated Approach to Women’s Health
- The New York Times: High Court Weighs Dispute Over AIDS Funding
- Huffington Post: The Right to Fight AIDS
- USAID Impact Blog: Non-hormonal Methods of Contraception Meet Need in DRC
- U.S. spends N450bn on Nigeria’s health sector programmes in 10 yrs – Envoy